On Good Friday, we have invited a few friends over for dinner. It was for my birthday and farewell dinner.
We decided to cook something different, a Malaysian and Cantonese dinner for our friends consisting of the following courses:
- 叉烧包 BBQ pork buns as appetitzer (store bought）
- 马来西亚的咖哩鸡 Malaysian Curry Chicken （homemade）
- 醉鸡 Drunken Chicken （homemade）
- 蒜蓉豆豉炒蚶 Fried Clams with Garlic and Black Bean Sauce（homemade）
- 卤胡罗卜牛腩 Turnip and Beef Brisket in Chinese Marinade （homemade）
- 蠔油芥兰 Fried Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce （homemade）
- 鲜虾炒碗豆 Fried Snowpeas with Prawn(homemade）
- 斋拼盘 Cantonese style Vegetarian Platter （store bought）
- 烧鸭 Roast Duck （store bought）
- 黑白巧可力蛋糕 Black and White Chocolate Mousse Cake （from Loblaws）
- 还有很多的白，红酒，其中一瓶是Ed收藏了八年很贵的澳洲红酒 and lots and lots of white & red wine, including a fancy bottle of Australian red Ed was saving for eight years.
在多伦多，马来西亚餐馆屈指可数。Ed没遇到我之前，从没尝试过马来西亚美食。所以，在这里不普遍的马来西亚的咖哩鸡对他们来说是蛮特别的。不难煮，因为这里买得到马来西亚的咖哩粉，更令我振奋的是， 我竟买得到pandan叶！ 我从未在墨尔本见过。所以，煮出来的咖哩很香，还算可以见人。我和Ed的厨艺加起来还算不错，所以客人们吃得开胃又开心，所有菜肴都被吃得几乎美人照镜。我和Ed 也自豪 🙂
There are only a few Malaysian restaurants in Toronto. Malaysian food is not common in Toronto, therefore the Malaysian curry chicken dish was something new for our guests. It was not too hard to cook because I can get authentic Malaysian curry powder here. What really surprised me was I found pandan leaves here ! I never saw it in Melbourne. It helped to sweeten the flavour of the curry. Ed and I are ok cooks, and our guests enjoyed our food so much that we did not have much leftover!